Wednesday 24 September 2014

30 Days of Lists - the bases

We're at day 24 of 30 in the September edition of 30Lists, and I find in the depths of my drafts folder... the introductory post I was going to write.

30 Days of Lists is the brainchild of Kam and Amy and is, I guess, a microjournalling challenge.  Every day in March and September there's a prompt for a quick list to write.  The lists get shared in all sorts of ways - on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and blogs.  

People present their lists in all different ways: physical and digital, minibooks, 12x12 layouts, fussy, simple and all things in between.

To make the actual daily journalling as easy as possible, they recommend, as with December Daily, that you prepare your bases beforehand.  That way you just have to pick up the day's base, scribble away, and you're done.

I don't think I was ever going to do this in any way other than using PL.  I looked at a bunch of ideas from other people - I have a Pinterest board you can look at - and eventually landed on using Design G, with one filler card on each page.  (Design G has six spots.)

One of the big things with 30 Days of Lists is not revealing the prompts ahead of time, even though they are available all at once when you sign up - helpful for those of us 17-odd hours ahead of the majority of participants.  So I photographed my layouts once the cards were decided but before my planned next step of putting in the prompts.  (Which, in the end, I didn't do, and I'm glad I didn't.  More on that in a future post.)


Spread one (days 1-5) uses the Amy Tangerine Plus One minikit, which I love so much I ended up getting a second - and may yet buy it in the app as well.  But the orientation of the cards just didn't give me enough vertical designs to do the whole thing in Plus One (my original plan).

So, on to the second spread:


 

The second spread, and first double page, uses Fifth and Frolic, the first PL kit I ever bought.  It has turned out to be a kit I just don't use much (there are some designs I love to pieces, and some I really can't stand), so this was a good opportunity to use it.  This runs through days 6-15.

 

Days 16-25 use Kraft.  Again, it's a kit I don't use as much in my regular PLing, but I really like some elements of it.  And I will actually feel okay about using the hipster glasses card for this (I hope!)


And I'll wrap up days 26-30 with the Kaisercraft Life's Treasures kit.  I think.  I was going to say "Favourite Things" but I'm pretty sure it's not that one.  I like the butterflies.

In the coming days I hope to share the lists I've finished - and to pick up some of those threads I left tantilisingly trailing in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment