Tuesday 10 March 2015

Around here - including bentos from last week

Yesterday was a public holiday here (yay!) and as well as doing a little bit of cleaning, finally introducing the kittyboys to my cousin (she lives an hour away but hasn't been able to visit since we got the boys) I worked on Project Life!

I am *so* far behind on PL.  I have a Trello checklist set up so that I can check off weeks when I finish them - actually, I have one for last year's PL, one for December Daily (still not finished), and one for 2015.  Yesterday I finished two weeks in 2015 - the first two weeks I've actually finished yet. (Yes, we're in week 11.)

But more on that in this week's Currently Creative, coming tomorrow (hopefully).

So: this past week's bento:

I don't think I've yet managed to make bento four days in the week, which is my goal, but I did do three days last week, which was a definite improvement on the previous week, which I think was none.

This week I introduced eggs to the mix - M doesn't eat eggs or anything all that eggy, which means that if I want eggs I need to have a replacement protien for her box.  This week I'm going to try Mako Itoh's spinach-stuffed tamagoyaki to see if it's too eggy for M or not: from the recipe it looks like there's a chance it will be okay.

But this past week I did sho-yu tamago (soy sauce eggs) which were just for me.


Tuesday: This bento was rice, sweet-pepper and carrot confetti, stirfried soy chicken, and asparagus.  The rice was shaped in my new rice molds that I got at Daiso over the weekend.  The photo is of M's - she also had some babaganoush and crackers - although the babaganoush was apparently no good (eggplant too old?)


Wednesday: These two were both for the same day: M's on the left and mine on the right.

Common to both: rice, broccoli, mini-angus burgers, sweet pepper and carrot confetti

M has asparagus and some stirfried soy chicken, while mine has a sho-yu tamago (soy sauce egg).


Thursday: again, M's is on the left, mine on the right.

Common to both: rice, kinpira (carrot, broccoli stem and beans) mini-angus burgers, carrot and zucchini muffin, broccoli.

In M's, apple and grapes.  Mine has asparagus and another soy sauce egg.  Mine was in two containers because I hadn't kept on top of the dishwashing and so I didn't have the right sized containers available.




No comments:

Post a Comment