Monday 15 June 2015

Block a day #21 and #22

"Gypsy Wheel"
Pattern No 106 pg 97

Second of the three I'd planned to finish over the Queen's Birthday weekend, another one that came up really nicely. I love the pop of pink in the border.

Finished 12th June.





"Margarita"

Pattern No 191 pg 159

I mentioned in the previous post that I was going back to "Gentle Waves".  I think I'm giving up on that one.  It just doesn't seem to sit right with me.  After frogging back my second attempt on Gentle Waves I switched to Margarita, and here it is.  The frilly border is a lot simpler than it looks.  Finished this one on Friday night (12th June) during a double header of Phryne Fisher (last week and this week's episodes of Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries).




I've now got three spreadsheets going, one keeping track of the sort of details I'm posting here, including start and finishing dates, as they don't all get finished the same day they are started, one with the page, star and colour numbers of blocks I'd like to do, and one that's keeping track of linear blocks vs in the round, single colour blocks, common colour combinations, etc.

I'm starting to get some ideas for how I plan to put them all together, and that's meaning that I'm being a little more deliberate in how I choose blocks and colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment