Friday 29 January 2016

Butter bean salad-in-a-jar

This week has been a struggle, healthy eating-wise. Monday and Wednesday I didn't get around to making salads (Tuesday was a public holiday) but for the first day back at school with students, I managed to do salad for both M and I.  I'll do another two for Friday, which will make choosing what to eat for lunch easy for me, as I'll be having my day at home.

Friday's salad, which is not quite the same.
So, today's salad was:

Dressing: half a clove of crushed garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and a little chopped fresh dill.

Hardy vegetables: carrots, the surviving snow peas from a couple weeks' ago.

Less-hardy vegetables: M had fresh tomato from the garden in hers.

Protein: butter beans and salmon furikake.

And then lettuce.


Things I have learned: 
  • butter beans are not cannellini beans, but I still like them.  
  • I think I overdid the salmon in my salad (hopefully I didn't in M's).  The salmon furikake is very rich.  Also, I want to have some left over for either salads or onigiri for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment