Monday 4 August 2014

Week 31 at Chez Stutters


There was no more Tour de France but there was the Commonwealth Games to watch! On Monday night my choir director announced his pending retirement from choral music, which is sad, although not unexpected as he's at least 84, and entirely deaf in one ear.  Given the repetoire he's given us for the August concert, I think he's announced it now to give us the impetus to practice really hard.  (Which it kind of did, in that I really really meant to practice this past week.)

I honestly can't remember anything of great interest happening between Tuesday and Thursday, which doesn't mean that it didn't, just that I can't remember it.  On Friday night we went straight from me finishing work at 6pm to the 6.30pm preview screening of Guardians of the Galaxy which was spectacularly awesome.  Would watch again, absolutely.

Saturday was the Farmers Market in the morning, and in the evening we had some friends over for takeaway and Trivial Pursuit (fabulous fun).  Sunday was church for me, then back to the movies for a $10 session of Sunshine on Leith, which I really enjoyed.  Definition of a toe-tapper, and beautifully shot.  Spike from Press Gang (Dexter Fletcher) grew up into an awesome director.

Fish for dinner, which drove the feline population just a tad nutty.  Poor darlings.  They couldn't work out why we kept evicting them from the dining room table.

No comments:

Post a Comment