Thursday 28 January 2016

(Hopefully) coming soon: more Project 333

If I ever actually wrote all the posts I promised for this blog, it would be a very different blog!

I've been wanting to get back into Project 333 for a while now, but I've never been organized at quite the right time.  As I may have written here before, the Jan-Mar/Apr-Jun/Jul-Sep/Oct-Dec breakdown simply doesn't work for seasons where I live.  It seems to me to make more sense for the breakdown to be Mar-May/Jun-Aug/Sep-Nov/Dec-Feb.  But I'm also in a headspace right now to get back into Project333, and I don't want to hang around until March before I start, as I'm certain I'll lose that momentum.

So on Friday I'm going to be putting together my February-only Project 333 wardrobe - and entering items into Stylebook if they aren't already there.  Part of my Project 333 is going to be tracking what I wear (OTHER than my work uniform, which I wear four days a week, and is very boring and I'm so very over it), because I do want to smarten up my wardrobe.  I said this about six months ago, and it's still the case.  Particularly as it's been warmer these last few months, I've fallen back into jeans and t-shirt, especially baggy t-shirts, because I'm having body image issues.

So - hopefully I'll be back again on Friday or Saturday with a report on my chosen wardrobe for the month of February.


1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of Project 33 until I read it here. I had a quick read of the introduction for newcomers on the bemorewithless page and it looks like a great challenge. Like you, I don't have a big budget. What I have discovered is that I would rather pay more for a good quality item that fits well and suits my colouring than lots of cheaper items. I would rather wear the same dress repeatedly and be complimented each time I go out in it than have a variety of cheaper dresses that are not cut as well for my figure and thus don't look as good as the dearer option. Getting compliments does wonders for your self-esteem so I would heartily recommend finding those perfect garment shapes, cuts, details, colours and styles that suit you best and invest in one fabulous item to get started if you haven't already. It could be a beautifully tailored jacket or a dress that makes the most of your figure.
    You have got me re-thinking my own wardrobe now! Thanks for the inspiration and have fun experimenting with new items.

    ReplyDelete