Sunday 28 September 2014

How I'm using the Project Life App: #1 - Collages

So, the day I got it - which was the day it was released - I wrote up a fairly happy review of the Project Life app here on the blog.

My happiness has not abated, and - in part because I've seen people on the Project Life Australia/New Zealand group wondering "what would you do with this app when you've already got lots of cards and like a physical album", I thought I'd start a series of posts showing how I'm using the app.  Because I'm using it in a lot of different ways.

First up: the collage feature.

I like using 3x4 photos in my layouts.  It lets me have a few more photos, and because I take all my photos on my iPhone, there are a lot of times that I forget to turn the phone to landscape before I click - leaving me with all these portrait photos and a Design A first half left over from last week.

So most weeks I seem to be putting together collages of two 3x4 photos to be printed and then chopped up again.  I've been using the "A Beautiful Mess" app a lot, and also Frame Ur Life for more complicated 6x4 collages on those occasions when I have multiple photos.  But I find both of those very fiddly, and FrameUrLife has incredibly annoying ads.

So I'm really enjoying the collage feature on the PL App.

Below are three collages - all very simple - that I created for Week 38.




Of these three, the bottom two were made with the intention of printing them, cutting them, and (once I'd added some journalling to the "Currently" card), putting them straight into the pockets.  With the top one I only actually needed the App screen shot (of course the App was going to make it into my week's PL!), so I chose one of my favourite cards from the "Everyday Adventure" kit for the other side.  It's now sitting happily with my other 3x4s waiting for the perfect time to use it.

Next time, the main thing I plan to use the app for: planning layouts.  (It's just that I haven't entirely finished the physical layout yet and want to include those photos in the post.)



No comments:

Post a Comment