Tuesday 23 September 2014

Week 38 at Chez Stutters

Thanks to the new Project Life App I already have last week's layout planned, with the equivalent of sticky notes to remind me what I want to journal about.

But I figure that you readers out there - if there are any :-) - might still like an update.

It was the last week of school, which meant M had various activity days and evening commitments with groups of exchange students, etc.  On Thursday night I went to the AGM of the Emergency Relief organisation run by my local church.  A dear friend who lives in Sydney was the guest speaker, and although her schedule was very tight for her visit, I managed to have a few minutes with her at the end of the meeting.  And her address was characteristically awesome.

Friday night the Swans played North Melbourne to get into the AFL Grand Final, so everything was planned around that.  Friday was also the Scottish Independence Referendum, which we both took ludicrously personally even though neither of us have that much direct connection to Scotland.  Actually Friday was a pretty big day, as M got her contract renewed for another twelve months (hooray!) and M's brother and his boyfriend announced their engagement.  So happy for them!  (Huh, I'm starting to think I'll need an insert for this week after all.  Mostly just to cover Friday.)

Saturday was a gardening day - I hope to have a garden tour up later this week - and then Sunday was church, more gardening, and then an amazing free concert at the Botanic Gardens with The Idea of North - an acapella group that I have adored for 15 years and never seen live.  It was brilliant - and amazing to get a concert like that for free!

A little more gardening once we got home (seriously - we did heaps this weekend!) and then it was time to start thinking about the work week ahead: at least for me.  M is on school holidays, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment