Wednesday 19 November 2014

December Daily - The Materials

Last year I used a Becky Higgins mini album and a mixed bag of cards and embellishments picked up here, there and everywhere (some from CraftHouse, some from Spotlight, some from my stash).  I decided that for this year I wanted more flexibility to add pages and so wanted to use a ring binder album.  

At some point in September I found the Heidi Swapp 6x8 chipboard landscape album.  Working (slowly) on my foundation pages I kept realising I needed more pocket pages - a total of either three or four refill packets in the end. 

I'm American-Australian, and a lot of my childhood Christmases were spent in Minnesota, where you almost always have a white Christmas.  So I don't so much mind snowmen and snowflakes and such appearing in my Chritsmas kits.  I may be in my mid-30s, but summertime Christmases still seem a little strange to me - even though the last Christmas I had in the US was in 1999.  

I also don't really mind if my album isn't all nicely coordinated.  I'm still in the process of putting my title cards and foundation pages together (there's still ten days until December) - there's that pesky problem of the cards not actually fitting easily in the pockets.  But I'm using cards from:

  • Becky Higgins Hollyday mini kit
  • Becky Higgins Christmas Theme pack
  • Kaisercraft Captured Memories: Basecoat Christmas 
  • Kaisercraft Captured Memories: Peppermint Swirl
  • Becky Higgins/Stampin' Up Seasonal Snapshot, printed via the Project Life App.


Embellishments are from the Kaisercraft "Christmas Carol" line, plus some from the "St Nick" paper packs, which coordinate nicely with Christmas Carol.  I've still got some left from last year's "December 25th" line which work well with the colours in Peppermint Swirl.

Numbers for days 1-24 from a set of balsa wood numbered Christmas trees found at Bed Bath and Table, while numbers 26 to 31 will be chipboard numbers from the Kaisercraft Advent Calender that I'm working on that I bought the balsa wood numbers for originally (I hope to finish the Advent Calender this week and post about it.  I'm really please with how it's turning out.

I also got a 2013 December Mini kit from Polka Dot Creative, including shaker pockets and wood and cork veneers.

I have stamps from KellieStamps (the Joy set), Typo, the American Crafts Hollyday stamp set, among others.

Finally, I'm making my own prompt cards for each day's #30lists based on these by Paislee Press, which I love, but which are in the wrong orientation.  And I put in an order today for the #30lists stamp from RUKristen.


No comments:

Post a Comment