Tuesday 5 May 2015

The Big Allotment Challenge - introduction

Last October, I was down in Melbourne at a four-day conference, and thus enjoying the novelty of cable television.  When I have this chance, I tend to watch a lot of Lifestyle and associated channels.  And on one of these channels was a trailer for the Big Allotment Challenge.

I've become quite a fan of a certain genre of British reality show - the Great British Bake-Off, the Great British Sewing Bee being the two culprits - and the Big Allotment Challenge is right down that same alley.  And so the trailer I saw inspired me greatly, and I went to work to hunt down this awesome looking show.

And I couldn't find it at all, until a FB friend mentioned that it was on YouTube.  Which, okay, I hadn't thought to check, because I don't use YouTube that much in everyday life.

But the upshot is, I found it.  And a second season.  (Whoot!)

So in the past few days I've begun watching it, and it seems to me that this show is very relevant to the interests (admittedly widening) of this blog.  It did start its life as a gardening blog, after all - even if I haven't posted much in that arena of late.

So, over the next few weeks I'm planning on posting my thoughts on the show as I watch it.  Now, we all know how well my plans for blog series tend to go, but one can always improve - and in my case, there's plenty of room for improvement!


No comments:

Post a Comment