Tuesday 3 February 2015

Bento 2

I promise it's not going to become all-bento all the time around here: I'll settle into a once-a-week post soon, I hope (as much as I settle into anything?)

As for today's bento:



  • rice (sushi rice today, as the basmati yesterday just did not work with hashi (chopsticks).  Not that today's bento is a hashi one, but still).
  • red capsicum
  • broccoli
  • mini burgers (wrapped in spinach picked fresh from the garden
  • sweet pepper and onion confit (again)
  • green beans with butter, garlic and sesame seeds
  • a tomato sauce to go with the mini burgers, containing carrot and zucchini (last night's pasta sauce)
  • grapes
For tomorrow I've got one side done already, and I think we'll be trying another recipe from the Just Bento cookbook.  At least, that's the plan.

Indira challenge:  spinach, zucchini and herbs in the past sauce, all from our garden.  Green beans from my mother's garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment