Thursday 14 February 2013

Bento #1 - the verdict

Tuesday I got to eat my first Bento lunch (having forgotten to bring it Monday -  see my previous posts for why *that* was ironic.)  My conclusions:

* Yum!
* My box is actually a little big.  I was on desk shift until 1.30, so I didn't get to eat lunch until lateish.  So I was reasonably hungry.  Even so, I couldn't finish all the rice. I thought about changing to a smaller box for the future (I think this one is 650ml).  However, it is also the box I own with the best seal on it.  So for the moment I'm thinking about not packing my box to the top. 

* The celery kinpira could use being chopped a little finer and shorter.
* Grapes.  Yum!

And once more: the photo -
Bento box #1: brown rice, sesame/soy green beans on top of celery kinpira, salmon cubes, carrot kinpira, sweet pepper and onion confit, and fresh grapes
Bento box #1: brown rice, sesame/soy green beans on top of celery kinpira,
salmon cubes, carrot kinpira, sweet pepper and onion confit, and fresh grapes

No comments:

Post a Comment