Tuesday 19 February 2013

New week - new bento box

I mentioned last week that my purple box, much as I loved the colour and shape, was too big.  If I filled it properly I had more food than I could eat, and if I didn't fill it up the food moved around annoyingly.  Especially the grapes.

So I got a new, smaller box.  It's 500ml, and it also fits far better in my lunch sack than the previous one did.  So there's two points of yayness.


What I put in it was a little less original - the last of the quinoa/ham/peas from last week, plus some Moroccan quinoa salad that was made for Sunday dinner.  (Quinoa is both carbohydrate and protein, or I wouldn't have put so much in.)  Fresh raw snowpeas (they make great walls!), chargrilled zuchinni (not a success - it was mushy and rather awful), two cherry tomatoes, and then a mix of grapes, raspberries and blueberries.

For the record: the zuchinni and cherry tomatoes were from our own garden, while the snow peas, raspberries and blueberries were from the Farmers' Market.  We also got grapes from the market this week, but the ones I had for lunch were last week's, which were from the supermarket.

1 comment:

  1. Try sliced raw courgette - zucchini - lovely! Also, if you slice vertically you could use the slices as dividers.

    ReplyDelete