Monday 17 November 2014

Currently Creative: Christmas Tree Skirt in progress

I've had the last two weeks and this week off work unexpectedly, with doctor's (and partner's) orders to relax and take it easy.

On the second day of this break, I started two projects: another baby blanket for a friend whose baby is due mid-next year, and a Christmas Tree Skirt because I don't have one and I want one.


I'm using SmoothFox's Christmas Tree skirt pattern, which is based on her Round Ripple pattern, and you can find my Ravelry project for it here.

The photo above is from my first day of working on the tree skirt.  The one below is from last week, with some sort of instagram filter on the photo - sorry I can't remember which filter.



If you compare this to the picture in the original pattern, you'll notice that I've changed the colour order, and I'm going to change the non-green stripes a little more before I'm done, because I love the look of the white/red/white with a final row of green because it just looks gorgeous.

And yes, I will post again when I'm finally done.  Which I'm not yet.  (Photo below is from last night.)



1 comment:

  1. I like your white/red/white combo too! Will you share a picture of it under your tree? I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete