Wednesday 5 November 2014

December Daily - what I did last year


Last year around this time, I was only just getting into Project Life.  I'd done a few layouts of events rather than weeks - and I heard about December Daily.

I didn't decide to do December Daily until around December 10, when I started sketching out what photos and themes I'd use for the days I'd already missed.  I ordered a Becky Higgins mini album and a packet of Christmas theme cards that arrived around December 20, just before we left for our Christmas up in Sydney.

I wanted to put some pictures of that album in this post, but I can't find it right now.  I used a Cinnamon mini album, and covered from December 1 to 31.  For reasons that I'm sure relate to the entirely different culture in the US vs Australia, the American "December Daily" concept doesn't seem to cover anything beyond December 25 - whereas for me it needs to cover through to December 31.  Even that misses the final day of the holiday season - January 1.

This year DD will cover - as well as two Carols services, multiple work Christmas parties, and Christmas itself - the retirement of my long-time choir conductor, my Masters graduation and the New Year's Eve wedding of a good friend.

I may be finding the prep work difficult at the moment, but I'm still really looking forward to it.  It's going to be a full month, but I want to keep a record of all the crazy.  Because I'm sure it will be awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment