Monday 25 May 2015

Block a day, blocks 1 and 2*

The first three blocks I made for this project were in variegated yarn, and they just don't work all that well.  I haven't yet decided whether to a) keep them in the project, b) only use the variegated yarn for border rounds, or c) not use that yarn at all. 

Because I'm not yet so sure of this, I won't be sharing those blocks with you here - which means the numbering as compared to what I've put on Instagram will be all stuffed up. 

I will probably either stop mentioning numbers on Instagram, or instead renumber once I've blogged all the already-completed blocks.

Block 1
"Juliette"
Pattern #20, p 40

 This block is so pretty.  I misread the pattern for round one (in part because of mistakes in previous patterns,) but I picked up the mistake pretty quickly.  I will certainly be keeping this one in mind for other projects because, did I mention, it's pretty!

Finished 22 May 2015
Block #2
"Full Moon"
Pattern #185, p 155

Having "finished" this one, I found that it was nowhere near the size of the other completed squares, so I added one more round in the dark purple.  Again it's a lovely looking block, and I'm pleased with the colour choice.  This one I mostly work on Saturday afternoon in between helping with cooking dinner for the evening, and then sitting outside on our patio in the afternoon sun.

Finished 23 May 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment