Tuesday 26 May 2015

Block a day, blocks #3 and #4 (and an un-numbered block)

Block #3
"Simple Stripe"
Pattern 78, p 78
 The photo in the book shows the block upside down from the way the pattern is written, which drove me nuts.  It's all in dc/sc, and has curled in a little from the tension, and thus definitely needs blocking out.

Finished 23 May, while watching the Eurovision semi-final 2 and drinking...
 Block #4
"Granny's Not Square"
Pattern 284, p 226

I really love the circle offset inside the square, and it was nice and simple to make.  This was a replacement for the one I'll discuss below, and I really needed something straight-forward and uncomplicated.

Finished 25 May 2015, although the bulk was done on the evening of the 24th.



And then there was this...

So, I was at least halfway through "Fans" (pattern 84, p 83) when I noticed a mistake in the third row (see above re crocheting during Eurovision).  So I started to frog it back... and then I knocked over my glass of red wine, right on top of my frogged yarn.  In the photo the yarn is sitting on a paper towel, and if you look closely you can see the wine that has soaked into the paper towel.

I haven't yet washed it out - need to do that tonight - but I'll probably do "Fans" at some point in the project, just not necessarily straight away, and probably with a different yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment