Sunday 22 June 2014

From the depths of the drafts folder [Finished Object]: The Annablanket


This post (well, the beginning of it) was buried deep in my drafts folder.  I was going to delete it, but the blanket is just so pretty and it was the first big project that I completed.  So - here you go:

The Annablanket is complete!

It's my first biggish project finished, and I'm really quite pleased with it.

The Annablanket has been with its rightful owner, Annabel, for about six months now.  I've done another blanket in this pattern for another new baby, with more reds and blues than the pinks and purples in this. 

 It's all done in pure wool (Moda Vera) to a Martha Brooks Stein pattern.  The GF suggested the extra round of white between the colour repeats, I altered the final round to add a Double V edging by Bunny Mummy.

The only real downside to this pattern is that it starts off working up so quickly, then gets slower and slower, and slower as the rounds get bigger.  It does keep your lap warm during the winter, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment