Friday 4 July 2014

What is Project Life?


Project Life is a simplified scrap booking system developed by Becky Higgins. It comprises plastic pocket layouts and beautifully designed insert cards.

However you make this system work for you, the Core Kit has everything you need: The title cards are intended to label your layouts. The journaling cards allow you to write notes & memories to accompany your photos. Each has a filler design on the back of the card for times when you don't want to write anything. The bi-fold cards are for when you WANT to write more. Everything coordinates beautifully, making your scrapbooking experience so not stressful. (About Project Life)

You slip your photos and filler and journalling cards into the pockets of the layout and if you want to be, you're then pretty much done.

OR, you can embellish to your hearts content.

This is a relatively basic layout: Week 13 (or thereabouts), March 31st - April 6th.

 
I'll explain more later about layout designs etc, but the basic description of this is: I used design D for the left hand side, and design A (which is something of a default) for the right hand side.  This layout uses the Rain core kit (which I love, because it has purples), some Kellie Winnell stamps, a "Currently" Card (via RUKristin) and one other printable I found on the internet.  There are six photos taken during the week, and a perfectly sized "thank you" card from a friend whose wedding we attended last November in the seventh spot.

It's not necessarily the best layout, but it's a nice simple one, and a good one to show you the basics.

One of the reasons I love doing weekly layouts is the documentation of the mundane and ordinary: the way the tree outside the library changes through the seasons, the movies we see and the cups of coffee I drink...

PL will be back next week, with a post about how I, personally, attempt to do my regular PL-ing.  I try for weekly layouts (other people do monthly or by topic.  The whole point is that you do what suits you.)  One of the reasons I love doing weekly layouts is the documentation of the mundane and ordinary: the way the tree outside the library changes through the seasons, the movies we see and the cups of coffee I drink...  because the mundane is okay, there's less pressure (for me).

But I'll get to all that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment