Thursday 17 July 2014

How I Project Life - weekly layouts, part 2

When I left off, I'd completed my basic layout of cards, photos and ephemera. With the exception of the Weekly Review card I'd prepared earlier, I didn't have any journaling done. So, the next steps are embellishment and journaling. 

I include stamping among embellishment, and I'm beginning to do more of it. I absolutely love the stamps I've bought from Kellie Winnell, and I now include her "Week" stamp on every title card. 


I also use stickers (you can just about see some in the background in the photo above)' and I love the look of wood and cork veneers.  It's hard see in the photo below, but there's a cork arrow, and a coffee-cup cutout from washi paper in on the two 3x4 cards.  (I really need to improve on my photography skills.) 



Each week gets the week number (although I got rather mixed up along the way: now I use Epoch Converter to check the week counts just to confirm) and the dates, Monday through Sunday, on the title card. I mostly use stamps for this, for consistency and because I don't so much like my handwriting (does anyone?) I used Kikki.K rubber stamps until I got the Kaisercraft clear stamps, which I use just because they're quicker.  And I like them. 

Anyway, after stamping comes journaling. 


You can see stickers in a couple of places above,  along with the journaling on four cards.

One of the features of the Becky Higgins PL cards is the bi-fold cards. I used one in the week 26 layout to provide an extra three sides for journaling. 

And after journaling comes "staring at the layout to decide whether I'm really done or whether something is missing". Which it usually is. 

And the answer is usually "washi tape"

I love washi tape. I use it as labels, as highlight, as decoration. 



I realise that these pictures are a little like "spot the difference".

On the Yellow Sub/week 26 layout, I ended up using matching washi in red and yellow to bring the Ember Card in to the rest of the design, and to do the same to the random picture of socks. I also embellished with button stickers (from Daiso) as well as the surface crochet  and use of matching yarn on another card. 

So that's my Week 26 layout.  I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope that I will keep going on my PL posts during the rest of the month. 


No comments:

Post a Comment