Monday 21 July 2014

Project Life - designing layouts

So, you all enjoyed my two part look at Week 26?

This week I started looking at Week 28, and immediately realised that it had some interesting aspects to the very beginning stages: choosing photos and designing layouts.

For the second half of Week 27, I used Design D.  That suited my photos for the week, and it provides a little bit of variety to the layouts.  But it does make the following week ... interesting... in terms of design.

The back of my RHS for Week 27 - which becomes the LHS (Title side) for Week 28
Obviously, this means that the LHS for Week 28 has to be at least half portrait photos (or landscape photos in 3x4).

So I went off to Picasa to take a look at what was in my PL folder for week 28.


Seven landscape shots and one portrait.  Huh.

This led me back to my full week 28 folder, re-evaluating the photos from scratch.  I try to do my PL somewhat chronologically (ie left side, then right; week, then weekend), although it doesn't always work.  I used A Beautiful Mess (the app) to combine landscape photos into 4x6 portrait collages. 


And in a couple days time, I'll show you how it turned out:-)





No comments:

Post a Comment