Monday 7 July 2014

Week 27 at Chez Stutters

This last week both of us have been on holidays: I got in early at work and demanded annual leave during school holidays, and I got it. We'd initially been planning to go to Canberra for a few days (in July, I know!) but the costs associated with the dishwasher and the heater put paid to that idea.  Instead we essentially had a staycation.

It also meant that we could move up getting our cats by a week, and I am so glad we did that. As you may have noticed from photos and Facebook comments and Catterday posts, we love and adore our new kitties: Bishop Bion and Bard. A great deal of time this week has been devoted to getting to know them and spoiling them rotten. 

Elseweek, we went to two movies (How to Train Your Dragon 2 on Tuesday, and Jersey Boys on Friday), introduced various people to the cats, had one teenage boy over to play Xbox to get him out of his mother's hair, and went to Wangaratta to buy an exercise bike that we haven't yet assembled. That may be tonight's job. 

I did lots of crochet (finished another UFO) and Project Life, and then there was the Weekend. 

On Saturday, we took a group of 45 school kids to Melbourne for OzComicCon. Country school kids. Some of whom had never been to anything even remotely similar, and certainly not something with the volume of crowds of an OzComicCon that included a Dr Who companion (Arthur Darville), an X-Man (Shawn Ashmore), MacGyver, Freddy Kruger, and a Veronica Mars star (Jason Dohring) among the guests. Some of them were a little overwhelmed. Some of them coped fine, and we had to break up sword fights on the bus on the way home. I got to chat to Aaron Ashmore from Warehouse 13 and get Darville's autograph, and took advantage of Madman's lower Con prices to buy up three more volumes of Ooku, a Tiptree-winning Manga that I bought the first four volumes of at Supanova back in April. 

On Sunday, thanks to the good offices of Jaime Schmidt, I had been informed that the Craft Alive fair was on in Wodonga, and I managed to convince M to go with me.  I honestly didn't buy that much: just three paper pads, 14 rolls of washi tape, some brads, and two ink pads.

Finally, the Tour began on Saturday evening, and even without Cadel Evans riding, and with Simon Gerrans nasty crash on the first stage, I'm really enjoying it.  I've watched a good stretch of both stages so far, although with going back to work today, who knows how I'll go hereafter.  I must remember to put in for the day after the final stage off work, however.

And that's been our (very full, apparently) week.

No comments:

Post a Comment