Thursday 15 May 2014

Cycling season... BEDiM Day 15

Hi, folks!

As I type this, I'm watching recorded coverage of the Giro d'Italia, which started this past Friday.

For the first time, Australia's Special Broadcasting Service, SBS, is showing every stage of the Giro live.  The Tour of California is going on at the same time, although I haven't been recording that at the moment, I really must start.

In case you don't know, I love watching professional cycling.  I have loved it since SBS's 6pm show "Going Home" got preempted for highlights from the Tour de France back in 2000.  Since then I've gotten cousins, friends and parents hooked on the sport, and I'm slowly converting my GF as well.

The Aussie team Orica-GreenEdge are totally awesome, and as much as I'm a lifelong fan of Cadel Evans, I adore Simon Gerrans (who's practically a local boy)  and love seeing Aussies riding for an Aussie team riding well.

If I keep up with this regular blogging lark, you'll be sure to hear more about cycling as the Giro finishes and we get into the Tour in July.


No comments:

Post a Comment